Sunday, July 8, 2018

Crazy Week (Weeks 73-75)


5/20

Well it has been a very busy week and I am not sure where to start ha ha! Lets see on Sunday it was Mother's day so we Skyped our family, which was pretty cool! On Monday we drove to Mildura and it was a 5 1/2 hour drive. It is all the way in Victoria and we left South Australia Borders, which was interesting! We then had zone conference up there and gave a training to the missionaries in Mildura which was pretty cool. We only stayed there for a night.  For dessert we had Banana cream pie and for everyone that knows me knows that I don't like fruits or vegetables, but I love me some Banana cream pie!  We drove back and I drove the whole way. That was the longest I have ever driven at once and it wasn't that bad actually ha ha! I saw a lot of Kangaroos on the way there and back and the interesting part was that they were all dead so that was unfortunate! But after that we had more new missionaries come in half way through the transfer. We got them their new companions and helped go through orientation. All but one came from the Asian continent, which is a first, but they are all great missionaries! On Thursday we had arrivers training again for the new missionaries, and that is always fun!  Friday we had another zone conference and it was the Marion/Modbury zone conference, it was  very good! On Saturday we went to the City branch meeting and after went to go help the sisters with the Ipads at Rundle Mall. Two men walked up to us and started to record us and tried to fight with us. I guess they were trying to get bad footage against us, but he ended up making himself look stupid.  We just didn't respond to him and it got him fired up.  That was really my first altercation my whole mission which is good, but these guys were crazy ha-ha! Then on Sunday we attended church which is always great to be able to go and partake of the Sacrament and remember the covenants we made with the Lord! Later that day we watched the broadcast that Elder Stevenson and President Ballard did in Sydney, to the people in the Pacific area. It was great to be able to watch! This morning we dropped off President and Sister Parker and Elder Pickett at the airport. They are traveling to the NT, the ticket prices are expensive for someone reason so Elder Miller and I get to stay here in Adelaide and get some things done! Overall it has been a very busy week but it was a good week none the less! I hope you all have a great week and I LOVE YOU ALL!!!
New Haircut
Flu shots

5/27

This week was very interesting and went by very fast!  We were able to have some time to look for investigators and we went to Flinders University to see if we could find anyone. The weather was fantastic, nice and cool!  One thing that took up a lot of time for us this week was planning a big activity for the city branch. We had to get it approved, we made flyers and coordinated with members. We also had to get the food. This activity will be happening tonight. We will be going down there to set up a few things and pick up the food for the event. We have also started transfer planning this week and we will be very busy planning for the next upcoming transfer which is exciting! Also we went to many different missionaries flats around Adelaide and ministered and trained the different District and Zone Leaders to help them become better leaders.  That was very fun and productive! I also got a haircut and changed my hairstyle for like the first time in my life ha ha! I had the sides cut short and I use styling product to put my hair into a mohawk, not an extreme mohawk but one that blends in with the rest of my hair.  We will see how long it will last as my hair grows longer ha ha! Sister Parker also made us Shepherd's Pie and it was very delicious! We also attended church and Elder Chen gave his farewell talk today. It was sad, he will be leaving this Friday. It's crazy to think that he is headed home, but he will do great things in his life! I hope you all have a great week and I LOVE YOU ALL!!!

--
Sincerely,
               Elder Ethan Salcedo



No comments:

Post a Comment