Wednesday, November 30, 2016

MTC Week 2





It has already been two weeks since I left home! I must admit I am doing very well, not really homesick! I just love my district they are so amazing and I care about each and every one of them so much! This past week we have been teaching investigators and for the most part is going very well! It brings so much happiness and joy when you see your investigator being really happy! Yesterday it snowed the whole day so that was new to me! I went to the temple this morning and ate the amazing breakfast there. 


Thanksgiving was so awesome! Sister Shumway the wife of one of the members of our branch presidency was in charge of the devotional and it was so beautiful! There were different talents shown and a duet was sung and I absolutely loved the song (Baptismal Prayer). That morning Elder Anderson, of the Quorum Of the Twelve came to speak to us, so that was really cool and we watched Ephraim's Rescue! After hearing Elder Anderson speak we had the opportunity to put together several thousand meals for the children in need. 

When I was called as District Leader I was a little stressed, but it is going a lot better than I thought. That helped relieve the stress. My voice is back and I almost got sick, but I took some medicine and most importantly received a blessing from my friends and now I feel much better! We have two amazing teachers Sister Cordner and Brother Jolly, they are such amazing teachers. I have learned so much from them. Just one more week and I will be in  Australia!  I am going to miss everyone in my district for sure! Thankfully 8 of the 12 missionaries in my District will be going with me to AUS, hopefully I will have the opportunity to serve with them again, especially my companion. We leave for Australia next week on December 5 and will arrive December 7th, we skip a day so that is weird! But overall I have enjoyed my experiences and challenges here and I have already grown so much in one week! Please let the YW in our ward know that I received their care package and treats! Tell them Thank You and I really liked it. I love you all!!!!

--
Sincerely,
               Elder Ethan Salcedo

2 comments:

  1. Good teachers are only made by outstanding students!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My dear Ethan. I can't tell you how proud I am of you and what you are doing with your life.
    I see you now, and I can't believe you are that same tiny, adorable and well behaved little boy playing on a Little Tykes red plastic slide I gave you for your first birthday. I miss that little boy and yet amazed of who you've become.
    Enjoy every second of this chapter in your life. Time flies and before you know it, it will be over and all you will be left with, will be your experience and the memories. And because memories are the only thing you can carry in your heart and in your mind for the rest of your life, make sure every memory is absolutely wonderful.
    Please send me your address in Australia when you have it so I can send you things every so often. And if you have any special requests, don't hesitate to ask.
    Take care of yourself and know that we all miss you and pray for you every single day.
    Keep sending pictures and updates; it keeps us all connected to you :)

    I love you!

    Liza

    ReplyDelete