Thursday, December 22, 2016

Australia Week 2



Hello Everyone,

Sorry I didn't get to talk on Monday my P-day was switched to today, because we went to the Adelaide temple! It was so beautiful I have pictures, but I'll send some next week because I left my camera in my temple bag, sorry!  It has been great, I had my first baptism last Sunday and we have two more on date in January that are super solid! I have adjusted to life here very smoothly, no problems and I am doing very well! Everyone here makes you feel like family. The area we are currently serving in is not very big, yet there are 12 missionaries serving in the Prospect South Australia Ward and that is very different from home, when normally it is just two. That is because the ward boundaries are so large.

Adelaide Australia Temple

  I always feel good to be able to share the gospel with others, it is such an amazing experience and has been worth all the time and effort I put in so far! Teaching others about Jesus Christ is so powerful it brings them so much happiness and joy, that it spreads to you as well! I encourage you all especially since it is Christmas time this week, to spread a message to others about Jesus Christ and the happiness and Joy he brings you.  I promise you it will bring you happiness and joy much like it has for me! WE all can be missionaries! We had a Zone Christmas Conference yesterday and it was so much fun. We learned about Lehi's vision of the tree of life ( 1 Nephi 8 in Book of Mormon) and how we need to stay by the tree (which represents the Love of God) and stay by Christ.  We need to help those around us feel the love of Christ and stay by the tree! We also learned about the Light of Christ and how everyone has it and it is our job to be missionaries and help them follow the light to Christ and to help it become brighter within themselves! I have attached a short video about how we can light the world as we follow Jesus Christ's example.


 
 
 We watched the Polar express, so that brought back a lot of memories for me! The weather is pretty nice and random! One day it will be hot another day it will be super cold and another day it will be hot for half the day and super cold for the next half, so weird! There are a lot of different things here that makes you appreciate what you have in America, but they also have amazing things here as well such as Krushers at KFC! KFC is big here, ha ha! I have had a lot of KFC and Chinese food! I have been eating a ton of sugar, ha! ha! Trying to cut down, but it's hard when it's the cheapest thing to buy!


I love being able to learn and grow and come closer to Christ it makes me so happy and helps me become a better follower of Jesus Christ! My mission President, President Parker and his wife sister Parker are so amazing and feel like extended family to me! This mission experience is amazing and I love hearing from you guys as well. I promise I'll send pictures next week probably on Monday because my P-day will be back to normal on Monday's (Your Sunday)! I love you all and miss you all!
--
Sincerely,
               Elder Ethan Salcedo

No comments:

Post a Comment