Thursday, March 16, 2017

A Roller Coaster (Week 14)



Hello Everyone,

I don't even know how to begin! This week has been a roller coaster! Regarding the Lord's work it has been a great week, Elder Shortland and I have been working hard together and we have two people on date for baptism on  April 1st (Hopefully it isn't an April fools joke ha ha) which is super exciting. We have been smashing and finding people in the city! The City branch officially opens this week and we will attend the opening.  President Parker and the South Pacific Area seventy will be attending so it is an exciting time!

 I also had the opportunity to confirm our investigator Hou a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints and gave him the Gift of the Holy Ghost! It was amazing to see how much the spirit directs you! I was nervous about what to say for the blessing, but during the prayer the spirit took over and guided me through the prayer.  I said things I didn't even think of, it was a great experience! I also had the opportunity to go the temple this week which is always great and I felt the spirit so strong there today.  I never want to leave the temple when I go because I feel so good and clean. That it is a feeling I can not get anywhere else!  

Those were the good things about the week..... Unfortunately, our senior Missionary couples took a big hit this week in the mission. Elder Zorbrist had a stroke and was in the hospital, he has fortunately recovered and is out of the hospital but if you could keep him and his wife in your prayers that would be great!......But unfortunately we also lost an amazing senior elder this week, Elder Sennett was in a terrible car accident and has passed on......please keep his wife Sister Sennett in your prayers! It was really tough to hear what happened and especially hard for me because I had the opportunity to serve with Bro Sennett in the Prospect Ward.

 
Elder and Sister Sennett

  I am grateful for the knowledge of the Plan of Salvation and knowing that he is in a better place and that he is happily living with our Savior. He was a true servant to the Lord and the mission and I am eternally grateful for all that he has done for the Adelaide Mission. I am also eternally grateful for the Atonement of Jesus Christ, because I know that I will be able to see Elder Sennett again and that this life is not the end, because Jesus Christ overcame death and was resurrected, because of that we can be resurrected as well! It has been a crazy week with lots of blessings and trials, but I know it is all part of God's plan for us! I hope you all have a great week as well and I love you all!!!

--
Sincerely,
               Elder Ethan Salcedo

No comments:

Post a Comment