Thursday, June 1, 2017

You are never alone (Week 23&24)



Hello Everyone,

Well big news again! I have been transferred .... to another room in the flat again ha ha! I will be finishing the training of an elder from England so that will be interesting! This week has been a great week. All the finding and hard work has paid off this transfer, the area has been struggling this last transfer, but this last week we found 6 new investigators. We now have 7 people to teach, which is such a miracle and blessing from God.

I still live with Elder Chen so that is super awesome and I hold the record for living the longest with him ha ha! We also went to eat at a senior couples house last night. They had a scale and  I was finally able to weigh myself.  When I left for my mission I weighed 135 pounds and I now weigh 152 pounds. That surprised me because I hardly eat anything out here on the mission ha ha! Now that it's almost winter we are now going into flu season and we got flu shots this week.

 I am ready and exited to work with my new companion Elder Maddock from England. Elder Shortland and Elder Shum who I was training are going up to North to Darwin together! I will miss them. Hopefully, we will meet up again sometime.



 
Elder Shum
 

This week went by really fast! Elder Maddock and I were just working hard this week finding and teaching people the restored gospel! The weather has started to cool down and it has been raining the past couple of days, that has been nice! This week was a really fun week and it was great getting to know about Elder Maddock more and the British culture and what goes on there!

Always remember that you are not alone, that is a message that has struck me so powerfully throughout my life, being able to meet so many people being able to hear people's struggles is very disheartening, but the one thing that everyone can hold onto is the fact that they are never alone! Jesus Christ and your Loving Heavenly Father has a plan for each and every one of you. Each choice has been placed before you, so that you may grow as the person you are meant to be and to reach your full potential as a child of God. Only through Jesus Christ and our Heavenly Father, can we reach our full potential. Always remember the atoning sacrifice of Jesus Christ for all of us. We a lot of times take for granted the fact that we have all been given a second chance at life because of Jesus Christ.  If it wasn't for Him nothing we do now would matter, but the fact that we do have a second chance is so comforting. 

A member in the city branch has demonstrated his love for the Savior and His sacrifice for him by having a little 20 minute sacrament every Sunday night for him and for those few who are not able to attend church because of school. Being able to help bless and pass the sacrament for him was such a blessing. It reminded me of when I would take and administer the sacrament to those back home who were not able to attend church. Don't take the Savior's sacrifice for you for granted, Follow Him... that is my message today. 

This past week I found out that my Grandfather has passed. I love my grandfather very much! I'm grateful for everything he has done for me and my family. For all of the love and support he showed me in my life. I will miss him very much, but because of our Savior's sacrifice I will be able to see him again in a happier place! I hope you all have a great week and I love you all!!!

--
Sincerely,
               Elder Ethan Salcedo

No comments:

Post a Comment