Monday, January 23, 2017

Blessings (Week 6)



Hello Everyone,

We just completed transfers!! This transfer went by super fast it was super crazy! I am staying in the city of Adelaide and Elder Chen is still my companion! Elder Chen and I were working very hard this week to help prepare some of our Investigators for baptism in February.  It was awesome to see that we are staying in the same area and can continue to work with these investigators! 

Transfer Day

 One of our investigators has a baptismal date in February and was debating whether to come to church or to stay home and study for his English final exams coming up this week! We then taught him the importance of putting God first in our lives and then we will see the blessings pour out to us! He then came to church the next day, so it was awesome to see him put God first in his life! It was also a good lesson just for me in general and for everyone. We need to always put God first in our life, even if times are tough. If we put God first he will bless us tremendously for our faithfulness, obedience, and diligence to Him! 

Specialized Training 1-13-17
 
I also had my first bike accident this week ha ha! I was riding my bike and while I was standing and pedaling my pedals just stopped and my bike gears clanked and I slid forward into the bar.  I put my feet down to stop, but we were going downhill and the momentum just kept going forward and  I fell over.  Nothing too major ha ha! First thing I did was check my pants because I just spent $130 on nice pants and I was making sure they didn't rip ha ha! There were a couple miracles that occurred during that accident! First off I had no rips in my clothes and no cuts or scrapes anywhere on me even though I messed up my bike and broke the handlebars! The next one was the street I fell on is always busy with cars flying down the road, but that night there were no cars on the road! God has blessed me so much on my mission and my life. God loves us all so much and he wants to bless us continually to show his love for us, it is amazing!

 I also got to drive for the first time today! It was so weird ha ha! I do not recommend driving on the left side of the road, not fun at all! It was so stressful and everything is flip flopped.  There were times when  I went to put a turn signal on and I put the wrong direction or I would turn on the windshield wipers, it was super funny! It is very stressful and confusing, but I  made it to my destination safe and sound, so I didn't do too bad.

That was the final week of my first transfer and I am excited to start the next one! I am also super excited for my birthday next week I totally forgot about it and my companion reminded me it is next Friday the 27th. I can not believe I will be 19!!! Well, anyways I hope you all have a fantastic week! I love you all!!

--
Sincerely,
               Elder Ethan Salcedo

No comments:

Post a Comment