Monday, January 23, 2017

Prayer (Week 7)



Hey Everyone,

 This week was a great start to my first transfer and really fun! Last night my companion and I finally had time to attend the Chinese language class, so it was good to learn some Chinese! It is coming slowly but surely ha ha! We also had a member take us to a Korean restaurant were you grill your own food and that was a first time experience for me! We ate with two other members and they had a coupon for the buffet there and they ordered everything on the menu!!! Elder Chen and I glanced over really surprised and the waiters just kept bringing out heaps of food and meat! There was fish, octopus, squid, chicken, beef, ox, and lots of other meats. I had them all except the Octopus, it was the full octopus ha ha! It was super delicious and we somehow managed to eat all of the food! 

We taught lessons this week, but the one that was really awesome was a lesson with our baptismal date coming up February 19! He prayed about Joseph Smith and he said the first word that came to his mind was true! He then continued to bear his testimony about how he lost his student card and was looking all over the place in his dictionary, like three times and all over the house! He then said a prayer and the first thought that came to his head was a word. He then looked up the word in his dictionary and when he found the page the word was on his student card was there!!!! It is obvious the way God communicates to Cale is by his thoughts, which is super cool and his testimony brought the spirit, so much that our member Brother Bowley was crying. It was an amazing lesson and we are super excited for him to be baptized! Sunday we watched a baptism for a companionship of sisters and it was great to see all the recent converts come together and build friendships together! They all plan to attend the new city branch opening in February, which is super awesome! It will be in the city and will be a YSA (Young Single Adults) hub for Adelaide. It will be a great place for international students and will really help the missionary work in Adelaide grow! 

This week overall has been great and time is still flying by fast. I was talking to my companion and in two transfers (12 weeks) I will already be out for 6 months! Crazy and my birthday is this Friday and I feel like I just turned 18 ha ha! I wish you all the best and I get to attend the temple next week, so the next time I can email is Thursday of next week, but until then I love you all!!!!!!!

--
Sincerely,
               Elder Ethan Salcedo

No comments:

Post a Comment