Friday, January 13, 2017

Testimonies (Week 5)




Hello Everyone,

This past week has been great and spiritual! We had three zone training's this week and I have learned so much from them! The best part was how different they are from the importance of Preach My Gospel, to Testimonies! The one that impacted me the most was the training on Testimonies! Being in the room surrounded by my fellow Elders and Sisters bearing their Testimonies was just amazing and so strong that it brought me to tears and many of the missionaries in the room during Zone Training! President and Sister Parker are just amazing and this mission and the progress it is making is because of them! President Parker's vision is truly the Lord's vision for Adelaide and it is continuing to expand! Before President Parker was mission president there were no missionaries in the city of Adelaide, and after he came and shared his vision we now have 18 and he plans to have around 22 in a few transfers!!!! It was cool to see all that he has planned for the city in the coming months and I will for sure keep you all updated with all of the out of the box ideas that we are coming up with, as a mission it will be great! 

                              

The weather is starting to heat up and it is getting pretty warm I am extremely grateful to be used to Arizona Summers because I feel good out in the heat ha ha! I do enjoy the weather here it is very random, so some days you get very hot and some days you get cloudy and cold. I am grateful for that because I get to feel both sides of the weather during the summer! 

This week has been busy with training's, my companion and I are still putting in the work! Unfortunately, we had one of our baptismal dates fall through, which was hard for me this week.  I guess he just isn't ready yet, but you never know he said that my testimony affected him before he left  back to China.  Hopefully, when he gets back he will be ready to be baptized. We left him with a Book of Mormon and committed him to read and pray while he is China, so hopefully that helps him! Despite that set back we were able to put someone on date for Feb.  We now have two and one is scheduled for the 22 of Jan., very soon! 


The best part of  the week was the training especially the one on testimonies, because you can feel the spirit so strong when you bear your testimony! Never forget that! We are entering the final week of the transfer this week, so my companion and I will continue to work hard and finish strong.  I will update you all on the conclusion of the transfer next week! Remember to read those Book of Mormons and remember it is never to late to start reading! I love you all!!!!

--
Sincerely,
               Elder Ethan Salcedo

2 comments:

  1. Glad to see you growing and persevering. The successes are mostly in their hearts. The baptisms will follow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WE studied the day of Pentecost this week where the apostles speak in the different languages of the people. Then I put your picture up and asked how we were doing this today. Mandarin Chinese... impressive. Nicole, of course, knew the answer.

    ReplyDelete