Monday, August 7, 2017

Baptims Baptisms Baptisms (Week 31 & 32)



 Hello Everyone,

(Week 31) For our P-day being moved it sure didn't feel that long! So to start off with we had zone conference on Monday and we had Elder Laikes of the seventy come and train us so that was really awesome, his knowledge of the gospel and the scriptures was stunning.  It motivates me to want to get to increase my knowledge a lot more. But he has been in Adelaide recently to meet with all of the stake leaders and ward mission leaders to discuss missionary work and working with members, we attended the fireside with the stake and it was really great to see these leaders start to get motivated to help the missionaries in the Australia Adelaide mission. I encourage everyone to share the gospel with your friends, bring them this Sunday it would be really great because that is were you will start to see success. You take away members missionary work and the work would got go anywhere. The city branch is nearing more than 30 baptisms this year with 5 this week and possibly 2 or 3 next week.  I can say that the two reasons are that The Lord's hand is in this work and He progresses it as well as the member support here is tremendous. We have some members who stay literally all day to help us missionaries teach.  Our recent convert Mark has already brought us three friends to teach one of which is preparing for baptism in August! Member missionary work is so important and so vital to progress the Lord's work, I invite you all to be a vital part of the Lord's work.

Elder Li and I have been very busy the past couple of weeks. The Lord has blessed us with so many miracles, we found 7 new investigators last week and we have been teaching 4-5 lessons a day. That is the most since I have been on my mission. It is all because of the Lord, He loves His children and has trusted Elder Li and I with almost 15 people to teach.  It has been great and has kept me busy and I absolutely love it! I find so much joy teaching and working with members and getting to share my testimony.

 I was able to go to the temple today, But this time it was more special for me, I was able to do some  ordinance work . I was able to get baptized for one of my great grandfathers. My heart is full of joy and love. I am at peace knowing that my great grandfather is learning about the Gospel.  He now has the chance to keep progressing because these ordinances have been done for him. I must say I have truly felt the prophecy of Elijah that the hearts of the children will be turned to the fathers and the hearts of the fathers will be turned to the children. My heart has been turned to my ancestors, Just as a temple worker told me, temple work is just as vital as missionary work, these ancestors need baptism and many other ordinances just like us living and breathing now.  It was an honor and a privilege to do this work for my great grandfather. It has been a great week and I hope you all have a great week and I love you all!!!

Elder Chen and Elder Li



(Week 32)Well not too much happened between my last update and this one so it will be a little shorter today. This weekend we attended a baptism of four more recent converts into the city branch. Mark our recent convert was able to baptize someone and he has only been a member for two weeks! He will also be baptizing someone else this week, because Elder Li and I have two preparing for baptism.  Please keep them in your prayers.  Pray that Nick and Jim may be able to stay strong and avoid the temptations of Satan trying to pull them away. The City Branch has just been growing so much over the past few weeks. It is certainly because the Lord is blessing the branch for the dedication and hard work of the members. They are always coming to help us teach and assisting with the work. One member, Summer was out with the missionaries teaching lessons the whole day from 11-7. It was crazy, but she loves it and so do the other members. Member missionary work is the key and the Lord will bless the area if both the members and the missionaries are engaged in the work. Since most of the members in the ward are young single adults (YSA) they attended a conference this weekend and we also attended the YSA ward and had dinner with them yesterday. It was very interesting to say the least, ha-ha! It was my first time attending a singles ward. I'm not sure I will attend one when I get back home, but we'll see ha-ha!  That was my short little week, it has been busy with lots of lessons, but great nevertheless. I hope you all have a great week and I love you all!!!!

--
Sincerely,
               Elder Ethan Salcedo

No comments:

Post a Comment