Thursday, August 17, 2017

Still Strong (Week 35)



Hello Everyone,

So we had transfers again this week and........ I am still in the city, which is fantastic! I am so glad and excited! I am still with Elder Li and that is great.  This transfer I was called to serve as District Leader!  Yes, I get to drive the car and that will be interesting. I have already gotten use to driving on the opposite side of the road. It wasn't too hard to get used to it. I am now also responsible to do the grocery shopping for the flat. All I'm going to buy is cereal and skittles, the sugar will fuel my energy. Ha! Ha! Elder Li cooks and he knows what we need to get, so it's all good. Living with two elders from China gets me plenty of authentic Chinese food. Elder Chen moved over to another flat to be the district leader of the other district in our zone. It will be different because I have been with him for almost 9 months, but we will still be in the same zone.  Elder Maddock from England moved back to my flat. It will be good to be able to see him more often and be his district leader!



This week went by really fast! We were just building up our area finding more people to teach as well just preparing to see how transfers would go. Elder Koch who has been my zone leader since the beginning of my mission goes home tomorrow and I am happy for him. That it is crazy how fast the time has gone! The weather has started to warm up, but it is going to rain all this week, so it might cool back down, maybe. Its cold and warm and all over the place. It will be an interesting transfer to say the least, since being district leader will be a new experience. I also found out that my MTC companion will be serving out bush in Alice Springs, that is in the heart of the Outback. He has served outlying his whole mission so far and I have been in the city the entire time.

Yes dad, I'm still considered the strong man here! The other day at Family Home Evening we had a competition. It was who could plank the longest and I won! It's funny how somethings don't change!We then had a pushup competition to see who could do the most, I was not allowed to compete because they all said it would be an easy win for me and not fair! ha ha




I am also super excited because Elder Stevenson is coming this weekend to Adelaide!! He will train the whole mission on Saturday and will speak at stake conference on Sunday. It will be a great opportunity and spiritual experience! I heard that he was in Tuscon for the dedication last week  and and I heard the temple there looked beautiful. Temples are the best place to be.  Elder Li and I are going to help our recent converts go to the temple next month! Well my time is up and I hope you all have a great week, I love you all!!!

--
Sincerely,
               Elder Ethan Salcedo

No comments:

Post a Comment