Thursday, August 24, 2017

Met Elder Stevenson (Week36)



Hello Everyone,

This was a very great week for me. Elder Stevenson came to Adelaide and I was able to meet and shake his hand. We had a small mission conference and Elder Stevenson talked with us.  Elder Cardon of the Seventy was there as well as our area seventy Elder Lekias. The spirit that he carried was so strong and it felt so purifying to my heart and brought so much peace to my heart as well.

Elder Li & I and the Zone

Well my first week as district leader was very good. It went a lot better than I thought. With more time and with more help from the Lord, I have started to get comfortable with the responsibilities that I have. I had a lot of meetings to attend this week and I drove the car a lot ha ha. It is good because I missed driving. I still prefer driving on the other side of the road and plus you can drive faster in America, but it was still good to be driving again. It was also raining a lot this week and was very cold! After stake conference yesterday it was raining the entire day. It was so cold that my face was numb and trying to type numbers in the phone was tough, ha ha! 
 
Zone Conference

Haigh's Chocolates

The work has been great here on the mission. At the beginning of transfers we get a newsletter with all of the baptisms of the mission and it is always exciting to see all of the baptisms. We have already surpassed the amount of baptisms the mission had all of last year and we are only at the beginning of August!!!! We also got a lot of new elders and one of them is 6'9, he is really tall and they had to order a special bed for him ha ha! This week elder Li and I are preparing for two of our investigators to be baptized Felix and Max! Please keep them in your prayers as they prepare for baptism!  Some elders in my district let me know about the Haigh's chocolate factory. They give free tours of the factory, so it might be a future district activity this transfer, since I get to plan those :) Well I hope you all have a great week and I love you all!!!
>
> --
> Sincerely,
>                Elder Ethan Salcedo

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like your mission is GREAT! I love reading your emails. Chocolate Factory tour? Sounds like my kind of "activity"! I will keep Max and Felix in my prayers; as well as all the missionaries!

    ReplyDelete