Wednesday, April 25, 2018

Lots of Traveling (Weeks 68-69)

4/8- Hello everyone how are you doing? I hope you all had a great week! This week was very interesting and busy for myself and my companions! We have been pretty busy planning for training's and MLC (Missionary Leadership Council) which we will be doing the training for in a couple of hours. We gave a training for the new arrivals, the new missionaries in the mission on Friday.  That was my first training as an assistant and today is the next one.  

Tomorrow we will fly to Darwin and as soon as we land we go to the chapel and begin zone conference.  We will give another training there. This week will be very busy for sure, After a couple of days of being in Darwin we will then fly to Alice Springs and then present another training at their zone conference.  We will then fly back to Adelaide on Sunday. Lots of traveling, but it will be exciting to see Darwin again and to be able to see Alice Springs. We have been able to do a lot of traveling already. I have been to the Modbury zone which is up north and Marion zone which is down south. That has been really fun getting to see different parts of Australia.

We also got to watch general conference which was super amazing.  The solemn assembly was a great experience to be a part of, I love the talks that were given. Especially the two in the last session by Elder Uchtdorf and the presiding bishop," Behold the man" and "It is all about the people" It was a great conference and continues to motivate me to go out and save God's children. I hope you all have a great week and I am sure that there will be lots of stories for me to tell from Adelaide to Darwin and to Alice Springs :)
 I hope you all have great week and I LOVE YOU ALL!!!


4/15- Hello Everyone, I have lots to share this week. On Monday we had MLC and  I had to conduct that meeting. We were able to talk about and counsel on different topics among the leadership of the mission. Also to help resolve concerns and help the work progress which was a great experience. Then on Tuesday morning we woke up and went to the airport and we flew out to Darwin. It was really good to be able to see some of the members and the other missionaries. As we arrived in Darwin we went straight to the chapel and started Zone Conference. We had to give like a 5 hour training on which was fun and a lot more simple than I thought. We ended around 10:45pm because it was a boot Camp training. It was like a crash course on a lot of things. After that we stayed in Darwin for a couple of days. We were able to go on splits with the missionaries and I was able to proselyte with Elder Dickson and Elder Fiu which was great to be able to do with them again out in the Outback.

Alice Springs


Darwin Sunset
 


On Friday afternoon we flew out to Alice Springs! It was a pretty interesting place to go. I finally got to see mountains, it has been a while since I have seen mountains ha-ha! I then went on splits with a couple of elders. We ate some Korean noodles and they were called Atomic spicy noodles. It was good that I have had a lot of spicy Hot Pot back in the city to get used to spicy food, ha-ha! The other Elders were sweating bullets! We then taught an aboriginal family and it was very fun. The aboriginal kids are a blast, they have so much energy. They want to write in your planner, they want to swing you around and one of them said that they liked my face ha-ha! 

Alice Springs Spider
Alice Springs from the Airplane


The next day we had their second part of zone conference! President and Sister Parker flew in early and left early due to meetings. We had to do our part on Saturday, which went until 6:00pm, but it went very well, We then attended church at the Alice Springs branch which was cool and was a pretty good size as well. After Sacrament we went to the airport and there was this really nice couple from France.  The Husband recognized us as missionaries and he said he loves the missionaries.  We had a good conversation with them. When they left for their flight a couple Americans came up to us and started talking to us about how much they miss Mexican food ha-ha! 

Elder Miller, Elder Picket, couple from France, and I
 
A long wait at the airport turned into a short wait as we talked to some very nice people. After we arrived from Alice Springs to Adelaide, the Senior Couple Elder and Sister Withington invited us over for dinner to celebrate Elder Miller and Elder Pickett's birthday.  We had a very good English dinner ha-ha! Overall it was a great week and very busy! I hope you all have a great week and I LOVE YOU ALL!!!



--
Sincerely,
               Elder Ethan Salcedo




1 comment:

  1. Nice to find your blog Elder Salcedo! We miss you all!

    ReplyDelete