Wednesday, April 4, 2018

New Call ( Week 67)


4/1-Well do I have a weekly update for all of you ha-ha! We just had emergency transfer and I was.............. transferred! I am still technically in the city zone, but now I am one of the Assistants to the President! I must say it came out of no where and was a shock to me when I first got the call, but it has been an exciting week for sure. It is so much different than anything I have done so far on my mission. First off, I am in the mission office heaps now doing lots of things on the laptop, like assignments that President gives us. We prepare for zone conferences and different leadership training's, that WE will give. I felt nervous, but I'm starting to feel more comfortable now.  I am still not even close to knowing everything that I need to do. 

 My two new companions are Elder Pickett and Elder Miller. I have served around them before, so it is great to be able to serve with them and have them mentor me. I am also excited to be able to work closely with President Parker, last weekend he was called to be a Member of the Seventy when his mission ends in July.
 I will be able to work with him closely and learn a lot from him as well.  It has been different for sure.  Yesterday a missionary had his tire explode so we had to drive out to Modbury which is north of Adelaide.  It was cool because I have never seen that part of the mission before.  We also had a missionary fireside last night. The mobile gospel display sisters were given the wrong address where the fireside was, we had to drive back out to Modbury to help them pack and move out the displays.  Then we helped the sisters move and unpack it at the correct chapel in Firle.  It has been an interesting past few days and I am excited to see what more I will learn and experience. 


 I also get to go to Darwin again in a couple of weeks with President Parker which is exciting.  After that to Alice Springs and that will be very exciting for sure being way out in the Outback. I hope you all had a great Easter! The city branch had a special play that they did about the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ.  It was great to see all of the recent converts act that out.  The city branch brings so much joy into my heart. It is great to see all of the progress that they are making. Elder Miller and Elder Pickett and I went together to have some dry hotpot . It was so delicious and hot and spicy. Which is good because the place we ate at is called Hot and Spicy Kitchen ha-ha! It was a good Easter weekend.  I hope you all have a great week and I love you all!!!

Me with Elder Pickett and Elder Miller Eating Hot Pot

No comments:

Post a Comment