Wednesday, April 4, 2018

Operation Blue Hand (60-62)




2/11- This week was very busy! On Wednesday I drove down to Katherine for a trade off with the elders there and it was a fantastic experience! I was able to work worth them in the area and it was fun biking around to the different aboriginal camps and visiting with them.  We got to eat with the branch president down in Katherine! They made us spaghetti and it was very delicious! The next day it started to rain and we were biking in the red dirt and I got red dirt all over me which was really fun! We then drove up to Darwin with the Katherine elders for zone conference.  It was raining very hard and I only had the solid white line as a reference point to see where I was driving,  that was really fun ha-ha! The assistants to the mission president stayed with us for most of the week. We split off with them and got the work done ha-ha! We then had zone conference on Saturday. We talked about an operation that stared up here in Darwin. We are going to spread this operation to all of the missionaries in the mission! It is called Operation Blue hand. It is the complete use of the Book of Mormon and tying everything to that and giving it out as a gift! It has proven very effective and has brought a lot of success to the mission! The best part is acting devastated and surprised when someone has never heard of or read the Book of Mormon.  From their reaction they understand how important the book is and they want to meet again which is great! Then Sunday we had District conference and listened to a broadcast with great talks from Elder Pearson and Elder Stevenson! This morning we also had interviews with President Parker, it was great to be able to talk with him! I hope you all have a great week and I Love you all!!!

Big day for Elder Salcedo he's known for not eating his fruits and vegetables

Elder Dickerson, Elder Fiu, and Elder Salcedo



2/18- Hey everyone hope you all had a great week! Before I start I know that my brothers birthday was this past Thursday, but I just wanted to wish him a very HAPPY BIRTHDAY! He is the best brother anyone could ask for! Love you bro!!! This week was a very good week! We found quite a bit of new people to teach one of which is progressing so fast! His name is Mohamed and he has such a great spirit! He has been meeting with us this past week and his testimony in the message has grown tremendously.  He has said that it just makes sense! He has even brought one of his high school friends to meet with us and now his friend wants to be baptized as well! We are just planning to baptize Darwin High ha-ha!  We had a fun sports night on Saturday and we just played basketball with quite a few people. It is a struggle for me because 1- I suck at basketball and 2- I hate basketball ha-ha! But I try to have fun so that's good! It still rains on and off a lot here in Darwin! There was a crazy monsoon in the city on Wednesday while we there!  The Lightning actually hit on the same street that we were on and you just see a flash of blue light accompanied by the loudest noise I have ever heard! It was like that for a good 20 minutes and the rain was pouring! It was an interesting experience! We also saw that the cafe shop was trying to close, but the workers were afraid.  We ran out and cleaned up all the tables and brought their tables and chairs inside! They appreciated it so much and tried to offer us Coffee, but we told them that we don't drink Coffee. They then offered hot chocolate, but we still declined, they were very persistent I must say ha-ha! Anyway that was my week, it was very interesting for sure! I hope you all have a great week and once again HAPPY BIRTHDAY to my awesome brother and I LOVE YOU ALL!!!


2/25- This week went by really fast for me!  We just did a lot of finding especially in the city! It was the Chinese new year last week. There were lots of  Chinese and other people in the city for the events that were going on, like the Lion blessing dance that they did at the different shops, that was cool to be able to see! We also did some service this week.  We were able to do service for an aboriginal member who was baptized last week. We cleaned up her yard and cleared out all of the trash! It was great to do that for her because she is a nice sister who always dot paints missionaries scriptures for free.  We also went to a members home to do service and it involved us preparing the soil for them to plant banana trees.  We pulled weeds and loosened the soil.  The big project was taking a tree out of the ground and I must say those trees roots were far into the ground ha-ha! We eventually got the tree out and they fed us some food which was great! I also went on tradeoffs with the elders in our flat to see how they were doing, that was fun.  Elder Fiu and I went with Elder Siaw  and Elder Dickson went with Elder Mcdonald! It was a nice little trade off that we were able to do! Other than that we just did a lot of finding and it took us until Sunday to find 2 new investigators which was great!  We are going to continue teach our investigator Mohamed and prepare him for baptism next week! I hope you all have a great week this week and I love you all!!!


--
Sincerely,
               Elder Ethan Salcedo

No comments:

Post a Comment