Tuesday, February 28, 2017

A New Life (week 12)



Hello everyone,

We had transfers yesterday and I was transferred..... to the next bedroom ha ha! Elder Chen is no longer my companion.  Elder Shortland who is from New Zealand is my new companion. All I had to do was move some of my stuff  to the room next door. I will still see Elder Chen since we both will be in the same flat! It is already my third transfer and I have finished my training.  It has gone by so fast and I am so glad for everything that Elder Chen has taught me! This week was probably the fastest week for us. We worked really hard to finish before the transfer! 

My Zone.. Elder Chen and Shortland to my left

Cale was confirmed a member of the church yesterday, and he was so excited! It was so great seeing him change over the past two months and seeing him go from a plain expression to now always walking around with a smile on his face! He says his old life feels like a dream because he has begun his new life as a follower of Jesus Christ, it is amazing! Elder Chen and I have also taught a lot of new investigators this week which is always great to have more people to teach! We have another baptism this week!  Peter has planned to be baptized this Sunday and Elder Shortland has a baptism with Hou, another investigator.  We are doing them at the same place and the same time, so I am able to see Peter get baptized as well.  That is very fortunate for me and a blessing! Peter is solid! He loves having a belief and he walks around the city carrying his Book of Mormon and and reads it out in the city! He shares the gospel with his friends and he is firm in his belief! It is sad though,  most of his friends won't be his friend because of his belief.  He said that he won't let that stop him! I am excited to see him be baptized this Sunday! 

We also started the new worldwide missionary schedule this week. We can go to sleep at 9:30pm instead of 10:30pm and preparation day starts at 8am instead of 10am.  It has been great! This new transfer should be really exciting and Elder Shortland and I plan to work hard! Elder Chen is training is training a new Elder again, so in missionary terms I will be living with my "brother".  I hope everyone is doing good and I hope you all all have a great week! I love you all!

--
Sincerely,
               Elder Ethan Salcedo

No comments:

Post a Comment